Do you have programming experience in the exciting world of marketing research? Are you an excellent communicator, who is skilled at juggling several projects at once? Do you enjoy working alongside like-minded individuals who also value innovation, collaboration, and strategic thinking? If yes, the Programmer, Tier 1 role may be perfect for you! The Data Collection Programmer, Tier 1 is responsible for programming and testing online surveys and production applications. Position is also responsible for the management and quality control of Market Research (survey) and sample data.
- Responsible for programming a range of survey types/complexities/methodologies, developing custom features, promoting communication and meeting deadlines for assigned work.
- Provide a project overview by pro-actively examining all aspects of project, including design, programming, data collection; understanding how these aspects interact and influence each other.
- Outline and deliver accurate timelines for the work involved.
- Conduct initial test of surveys to ensure the highest level of quality (logic testing and debugging), investigate and resolve programming issues.
- Support production applications for the operational departments and analytical teams.
- Manage data and work with data deliverables using various tools such as Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, UNICOM Survey Reporter.
- Continued improvement by developing capabilities.
- Keep abreast of industry changes.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of data collection survey scripting tools, operating procedures, and operating standards.
- Contribute to the overall organization by offering ideas and suggestions for improving processes and/or C+R’s products and services.
- Share knowledge and experience with C+R staff.
- Special projects as required.
- 1+ years of work experience; may include internships or significant school project work.
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrable communication skills both written and verbal. The ability to explain technical points to non-technical people.
- Must possess an understanding of programming standards, strong logic, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with VBScript.
- Some knowledge writing Transact-SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers; Some experience using SSMS and/or Microsoft Access. Knowledge of unstructured data principles, such as MongoDB, is a plus.
- Some experience, whether academic or work, with object-oriented programming languages such as .NET C#, Java
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: Adobe Photoshop, Flash, XML
- Excellent project management skills.
- Resourceful self-starter with an inquisitive mind and an interest in consumer research.
- Enthusiastic, engaged, and positive attitude.
- Significant, hands-on experience using Microsoft Office products.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All applicants must be authorized to work indefinitely for any employer in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements or history to email@example.com and include “Programmer” in the subject line.
No 3rd party applications will be considered.
C+R Research provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, C+R Research complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
C+R Research expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.