There’s a reason we’ve been named one of Chicago’s Best Places to work in 2021. For over 60 years, C+R has recognized that our people are our greatest asset. Our culture is built on supporting and collaborating with one another, and at the same time, allowing everyone to grow and cultivate their passions and strengths. We truly welcome creative thinking and input from all levels in our organization.
At C+R, all analysts work directly with senior managers and owners, who are all still analysts working on projects, as well as face-to-face with clients. Our client brands are mostly Fortune 1,000 companies (both B2C and B2B) and our teams work across a variety of categories using the most innovative methodologies.
If you consider yourself curious about consumer behavior, like organizing data in a logical way, problem solving, and solving data puzzles in a fast-paced environment, this role could be a great fit for you! C+R Research is looking to hire an inquisitive and creative Data Processing Specialist.
This position will provide specialized data processing services to internal clients. Duties include organization of data for the purpose of producing desired information for research projects; involves running cross-tabulations and developing Q\DisplayR (or Uncle) data files, as well as working with the client services team to ensure data accuracy.
- Participate in kick-off meetings to prepare for study to launch.
- Utilize appropriate data processing programs necessary to complete project.
- Read layout of data and identify initial problems that should be addressed.
- Write tab specifications and banner specifications as defined by analysts.
- Process data tabulations.
- Recognize data issues and data inconsistencies that occur on projects and work with senior team members to determine best way to handle.
- Check data tables, including data cleaning, inputting of open-ends and data recoding. (i.e., stat testing, weighting, coding).
- Create external data files for use by analysts, clients and statistical department (SPSS, Excel, etc.)
- Backup all project materials (layout, coding, final data, client files etc.) to network server once completed.
- Manage multiple studies that are in different stages (initial study setup, waiting on coding, final data, etc.).
- Keep abreast of industry changes.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of data processing operating procedures and operating standards.
- Contribute to the overall organization by offering ideas and suggestions for improving processes and/or C+R’s products and services.
- Share knowledge and experience with C+R staff.
- Special projects as required.
- Regular attendance.
- 0-4 years data processing experience in market research including survey tabulation.
- Q or UNCLE (or other tabulation software [Ruby, Mentor/COSI, Quanvert/Quantum]) experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently and with a team to deliver concurrent projects with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Analytical/logical approach to work.
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Resourceful self-starter with an inquisitive mind and a passion for consumer research.
- Enthusiastic, engaged, and positive attitude.
- Significant, hands-on experience using Microsoft Office products.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements or history to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line.
No 3rd party applications will be considered.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship or OPT.
C+R Research provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, C+R Research complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
C+R Research expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.