Are you looking for a new role in marketing research statistics that will support your innovative ideas and future focus? C+R Research is looking for a Director of Advanced Analytics to apply statistical techniques to answer complex consumer research questions. This position will collaborate in the design of studies that utilize advanced statistical modeling approaches to address marketing issues. The Director of Advanced Analytics will also present results and recommendations to research analysts and/or external clients and provide guidance and training for department and analysts on statistical guidelines and procedures.
- Develop and test ad hoc models of consumer behavior.
- Consult with research analysts regarding research design, sampling, weighting and appropriate applied techniques.
- Instruct on research design and appropriate data collection for online experiments, process the results and advise on the strengths and limitations of results.
- Apply analytic techniques including choice modeling, segmentation, multivariate regression, etc.
- Analyze data and findings, looking for patterns in data to help make decisions.
- Work with analysts in interpreting results and offering indication as to the reliability of findings.
- Clearly communicate ideas and solutions to internal analysts, both written and verbal.
- Act as consultant on statistical techniques for analysts and other internal and/or external clients.
- Assist in the development of statistical staff and training of analysts.
- Provide organizational tools to streamline processes within the department.
- Ensure deadlines and timeliness of all projects.
- Keep up-to-date and knowledgeable about advanced techniques in the industry, clients’ businesses, industries and/or customers, marketing research, and technological advancements.
- Contribute to the overall organization by offering ideas and suggestions for improving processes and/or C+R’s products and services.
- Keep abreast of industry changes.
- Share knowledge and experience with C+R staff.
- Special projects as required.
- Regular attendance.
- 10-20 years progressive experience as a statistician/advanced analytics analyst/data scientist/market scientist in the market research industry.
- Working knowledge of SPSS, Q.
- Be skilled in the use of software for advanced analytics, including Sawtooth and Q and an understanding of various multivariate approaches (correlation, regression, factor analysis, etc.).
- Have ability program custom analytics using R, Python, or VBA.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate statistical results to research analysts.
- Self-starter with ability to take a variety of projects from inception to completion with limited supervision.
- Ability to translate statistical concepts into applications.
- Ability to manage large projects with a keen attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of custom quantitative research, products and methodologies.
- Excellent project and people management and development skills
- Resourceful self-starter with an inquisitive mind and a passion for consumer research.
- Enthusiastic, engaged, and positive attitude.
- Significant, hands-on experience using Microsoft Office products.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements or history to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Director of Advanced Analytics” in the subject line.
No 3rd party applications will be considered.
C+R Research provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, C+R Research complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.