There’s a reason we’ve been named one of Chicago’s Best Places to work in 2021. For over 60 years, C+R has recognized that our people are our greatest asset. Our culture is built on supporting and collaborating with one another, and at the same time, allowing everyone to grow and cultivate their passions and strengths. We truly welcome creative thinking and input from all levels in our organization.
At C+R, all analysts work directly with senior managers and owners, who are all still analysts working on projects, as well as face-to-face with clients. Our client brands are mostly Fortune 1,000 companies (both B2C and B2B) and our teams work across a variety of categories using the most innovative methodologies.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for designing marketing collateral that promotes and communicates C+R’s message or story.
- Design visually appealing marketing collateral using the company’s brand guidelines, knowledge of typography and color, and images.
- Develop material for print and digital use, internal and external, client projects, including social media and the company’s website.
- Marketing collateral includes logos for products and services, ads for online and offline publications, website elements, social media elements, ebooks, infographics, business cards, etc.
- Create designs using illustration, photo editing, and layout software.
- Use appropriate colors, images, typography, and layout for marketing materials.
- Produce drafts for review and make revisions based on feedback received.
- Collaborate with marketing team members, and other company thought leaders throughout the various phases of a project.
- Study relevant information and material to plan/illustrate concepts for approval.
- Review designs for errors before they are printed or published.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed.
- Establish creative direction for company as well as brand guidelines when needed.
- Interact with internal analysts to advise on project materials and to answer technical questions.
- Coordinate with outside agencies, art services, web designer, marketing, printers, and colleagues as necessary.
- Design company PowerPoint template and other elements using brand guidelines and aesthetics.
- Collaborate with the Visual Reporting team to develop graphic elements for overall corporate use.
- Design PowerPoint templates for presentations for webinars and conferences.
- Create visually compelling presentations that bring the topic to life.
- Use savvy and thoughtful animations and builds for presentations.
- Communicate with internal clients about layout and design.
- Keep up-to-date and knowledgeable about clients’ businesses, industries and/or customers, marketing research, and technological advancements.
- Keep up to date with the latest design trends, tools, and technologies.
- Share knowledge and experience with C+R staff.
- Special projects as required.
- Regular attendance.
- 5+ years of graphic design experience
- Strong, compelling portfolio of design skills over a wide variety of creative projects
- Expertise with the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically with InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, specifically PowerPoint
- Marketing and/or creative writing proficiency
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and web
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, advertisements, and multimedia design
- Resourceful self-starter with an inquisitive and creative mind
- Detail-oriented and accurate
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent project and collaboration skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Cross-functional; ability to work with different non-management/management levels
- Enthusiastic, engaged, and positive team player attitude
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements or history to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line.
No 3rd party applications will be considered.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship or OPT.
C+R Research provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, C+R Research complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
C+R Research expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.