There’s a reason we’ve been named one of Chicago’s Best Places to work in 2021. For over 60 years, C+R has recognized that our people are our greatest asset. Our culture is built on supporting and collaborating with one another, and at the same time, allowing everyone to grow and cultivate their passions and strengths. We truly welcome creative thinking and input from all levels in our organization.
At C+R, all analysts work directly with senior managers and owners, who are all still analysts working on projects, as well as face-to-face with clients. Our client brands are mostly Fortune 1,000 companies (both B2C and B2B) and our teams work across a variety of categories using the most innovative methodologies.
C+R Research is looking for a customer service-oriented IT Specialist to provide software and network support, training, and troubleshooting in a networked workstation environment.
The IT Specialist Installs, modifies, and makes repairs to hardware and software systems. They Provide technical assistance and training to system users. Additionally, they determine required software and hardware in conjunction with end users and ensures that personal computers, servers, and networks are functioning properly and are available for intended uses.
- Provide technical assistance and troubleshooting on desktop applications, including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office365 Suite, MS Active Directory, and custom applications.
- Document reported problems and problem resolutions.
- Provide support to local and remote end users on software and hardware issues including mobile phones.
- Provide support to local and remote end users on cloud-based phone and video-conferencing system.
- Aide in commissioning and on-boarding of new users and hardware.
- Assist in maintaining and upgrading of existing users and hardware.
- Perform quality assurance of computer system setups and maintain quality control checklist.
- Assist in the maintenance of a virtualized, distributed Windows Server infrastructure.
- Participate in IT projects looking for long-term infrastructure enhancements, recommend new technologies such as patch management, inventory management, backups, automating manual tasks.
- Monitor and manage ticketing system.
- Assist in tracking software licensing and maintaining software and hardware inventory.
- Maintain and improve existing IT documentation.
- Keep current on new developments and techniques in information technology.
- Share knowledge and experience with C+R staff.
- Special projects as required.
- Regular attendance.
- 2+ years related academic and/or work experience with personal computers, software applications, networking, and Windows server.
- Effective interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to positively interact with a wide range of users with different levels of computer expertise.
- Proven ownership of process improvements in the IT field.
- Knowledge of local area networks, computer software and hardware, and data communications.
- Knowledge of Active Directory environment.
- Knowledge of Office365 Suite, including Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint, and Teams.
- Basic understanding of OSI Model and TCP/IP protocol stack.
- Basic knowledge of VMWare.
- Ability to work unsupervised, self-start and manage projects.
- Ability to recognize issues/problems and approach them proactively.
- Resourceful self-starter with an inquisitive mind.
- Enthusiastic, engaged, and positive attitude.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements or history to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line.
No 3rd party applications will be considered.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship or OPT.
C+R Research provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, C+R Research complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
C+R Research expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.