C+R Research is a leading marketing research and insights firm known for innovative solutions and a willingness to experiment. We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced .Net developer to be an integral part of our evolving business where technology plays an increasing role in the creative solutions we offer. This position will interact with developers and other staff on a day to day basis to understand our changing business, identify problems and provide solutions. We have a culture of informal, in-person communication and this position will need to be comfortable talking to and learning from others to be successful. We are a privately held, mid-sized company and pride ourselves on offering excellent customer service and creative solutions to difficult problems. We are not a tech company, but we are in a rapidly evolving industry, requiring us to use technology and code to answer today’s and tomorrow’s challenges. Being part of the technology and development team will afford this position the ability to be part of a respected, diverse and dynamic group of people who are helping to drive C+R Research forward.
We are looking for a motivated and skilled Lead Software Engineer with excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills. This role will lead C+R Research’s development efforts and mentor other developers to build solutions conforming with industry best practices. The Lead Software Engineer will write code and maintain existing solutions as well as engage and collaborate with other teams (analysts and internal operations) to understand needs and architect solutions.
- Lead software development initiatives and write code.
- Maintain existing code.
- Mentor and train other developers on design techniques and coding standards.
- Review code to ensure adherence to best practices.
- Understand C+R Research’s business and how technology interfaces with business objectives.
- Closely work with other teams to discover needs and recommend solutions.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with technical expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related experience
- 7+ years of experience in object-oriented systems design and development
- 2+ years of experience leading software development.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience in developing complex services or Web applications using C# and MS SQL.
- Ability to discuss technology with co-workers who aren’t technically savvy.
- Ability to work productively with co-workers even in stressful situations.
- Solid project and time management skills.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related experience.
- 7+ years of experience in object-oriented systems design and development using C#
- Experience with one or more of the following: Microservice Architecture, Amazon AWS or MS Azure, Containerization, CI/CD, NoSQL databases, Graph databases, Machine Learning and Computer Vision
Casual office environment.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements or history to and include “Lead Software Engineer” in the subject line.
No 3rd party applications will be considered.
All applicants must be able to work indefinitely for any U.S. employer without sponsorship.
C+R Research provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, C+R Research complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
C+R Research expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.