We are looking for an energetic and savvy Hispanic marketing research professional who is adept at navigating the ins and outs of Hispanic culture and identity, both in English and Spanish, and is eager to unearth and tackle the inconspicuous truths of Latinidad.
This position is responsible for distilling and translating insights from the Hispanic consumer through a cultural lens and with an eye for the a-ha’s! that lie beyond the surface.
The ideal candidate possesses a native speaker command of the Spanish language, both spoken and written.
This position is ideal for moderators who enjoy making a real difference in the products, services and messages targeted at multicultural consumers (or Hispanics in the US) by Fortune 1000 companies and are passionate about understanding the why’s behind consumer behavior.
This position will manage, conduct and execute qualitative research projects for clients in a wide range of industries focusing on both the Hispanic consumer and the general population. The Qualitative Research Director will work in conjunction with other experienced moderators and operations team to design and manage client research projects. This position will also take ownership of entire research projects, from research design & proposal through written analysis/reporting/presentation. The Director will develop and maintain client relationships through providing strong analytic insight and reports.
- Respond to basic client Request for Proposal (RFP) through a written proposal that outlines a recommended research design, methodology, timing and costs.
- Independently develop and apply qualitative research methods to address marketing issues on basic projects and assist more senior moderators on complex projects.
- Manage qualitative research projects by interfacing with operations department to develop screening questionnaires, coordinate respondent recruitment, select research sites and assemble project materials.
- Develop simple and complex discussion guides, stimuli, homework assignments and other project materials, as warranted, on individual projects.
- Set up, conduct and manage focus groups, IDIs, in-home interviews/ethnographies, shop-alongs and other live/real-time qualitative projects (in person or remote).
- Work collaboratively with Online Qualitative and Quantitative teams on multi-phase projects.
- Develop written reports and analyses based on fieldwork, interview transcripts/video, diaries/journals, and other data.
- Develop final reports including key insights, writing conclusions and identifying and collaborating with senior moderators on opportunities or strategic recommendations that address our clients’ business issues.
- Attend client meetings and presentations as needed.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Contribute to the overall organization by contributing ideas and suggestions for improving C+R’s processes and/or products and services.
- Keep up-to-date and knowledgeable about clients’ businesses, industries and/or customers, marketing research, and technological advancements.
- Share knowledge and experience with C+R staff.
- Special projects as required.
- Regular attendance.
- 6-10 years of supplier side, hands-on experience conducting qualitative research projects for CPG clients.
- Experience with a variety of qualitative methods and technologies both in person and online.
- Understand qualitative methods well enough to incorporate into project designs.
- Proven client management experience with a consultative, partnership model focus.
- Excellent moderating skills in both English and Spanish.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Deeply immersed in Hispanic and/or Latino cultures.
- A proven record of exemplary client service.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to juggle numerous concurrent projects and tasks with minimal supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- A passion for consumer research.
- Enthusiastic, engaged, and positive attitude.
- Significant, hands-on experience using Microsoft Office products.
Office environment. Travel to fieldwork and client sites (moderate to heavy).
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All applicants must be authorized to work indefinitely for any employer in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements or history to email@example.com and include “Qual Director” in the subject line.
No 3rd party applications will be considered.
C+R Research provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, C+R Research complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
C+R Research expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.