Are you looking for a new role in marketing research that will support your innovative ideas and future focus? Are you interested in joining a highly respected industry leader with steady year-over-year growth, an entrepreneurial spirit, and voted one of the Best Places to Work in Chicago? If so, we’d love to talk!
C+R Research is looking for a skilled Quantitative Research Director in our Chicago, IL office. The Research Director is a senior, hands-on analyst role that includes front-line client involvement, designing and overseeing research projects, guiding project execution and providing strong analytic insights.
This role is involved in all aspects of research projects from brainstorming research designs and proposal development through analyzing data and creating written reports and other deliverables. This role also collaborates with and mentors other quantitative analysts to successfully implement and run the day-to-day tasks involved in client research projects. The Research Director will work alongside a VP or SVP to develop and maintain strong client relationships by consistently delivering thoughtful research with a consultative mindset towards business strategy and client outcomes, responsive client service and expert consultation.
C+R is not structured by business verticals, and we thrive on variety. This role will provide the opportunity to apply skills across a range of business sectors, from food, beverages and retailers, to media, durable goods and industrial products.
- Respond to both simpler and more complex client Request for Proposal (RFP) through a written proposal that outlines a recommended custom research design, methodology, timing and costs, with the ability to include any of C+R’s full slate of established capabilities
- Develop and apply both basic and more complex quantitative research methods to address marketing issues with a focus on strategic recommendations to address client objectives.
- Develop both simple and complex screeners and questionnaires to address research objectives.
- Manage and/or supervise all aspects of survey projects, including: field coordination, survey programming, quality control, data processing, and report publishing.
- Oversee vendor relationships for tasks or processes that are outsourced.
- Understand and apply data processing and statistical principles including complex variables to create new banners/filters, manipulate tables/data to explore hypothesis for reporting.
- Supervise the development of basic final reports, and develop complex final reports including: presentation set-up, data posting, data analysis and editorial write-up. This also includes writing conclusions and identifying opportunities or recommendations that address clients’ business issues.
- Train, manage, and mentor analyst team. Provide general direction, training on research processes and methods, and administer appropriate professional development opportunities.
- Assist in the evaluation, development, and leverage of digital project related tools, both internal and external, to enhance project efficiencies and data analysis.
- Train analyst staff on guidelines and procedures of analytic department.
- Attend and lead or help lead client meetings and presentations.
- Build strong client relationships through effective communications and a focus on great research, deep perspective, and best in class, committed client service.
- Keep up-to-date and knowledgeable about your clients’ businesses, industries and/or customers.
- Contribute to the overall organization by offering ideas and suggestions for improving processes and/or C+R’s products and services.
- Keep abreast of industry changes.
- Share knowledge and experience with C+R staff.
- Special projects as required.
- Regular attendance.
- 7+ years of total marketing insights related experience with at least 4 years in a research supplier/agency role, hands-on experience conducting custom market research projects.
- Self-starter with full analytic abilities.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- A proven record of exemplary client service.
- Ability to juggle numerous concurrent projects and tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage large projects with a keen attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic, engaged, and positive attitude.
- Significant, hands-on experience using Microsoft Office products and data analytics software such as Q.
Office environment. May require some travel to client sites. Competitive benefits including medical, dental, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, FSA/HSA, DCA, 401(k) with employer match and excellent PTO.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements or history to email@example.com and include “Quant Director” in the subject line.
No 3rd party applications will be considered.
C+R Research provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, C+R Research complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
C+R Research expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.