There’s a reason we’ve been named one of Chicago’s Best Places to work in 2021. For over 60 years, C+R has recognized that our people are our greatest asset. Our culture is built on supporting and collaborating with one another, and at the same time, allowing everyone to grow and cultivate their passions and strengths. We believe valuable contributions come from all levels and roles which means we truly work as a team from Intern to President.
Our client brands are mostly Fortune 1,000 companies (both B2C and B2B) and our teams work across a variety of categories using the most innovative methodologies to help clients deeply understand complex consumer attitudes and behaviors. Our talented operations and support teams steward projects and initiatives to successful completion with unparalleled care and attention to detail.
The Lead Software Engineer leads C+R Research’s development efforts and mentors other developers to build solutions conforming with industry best practices. The Lead Software Engineer writes code and maintains existing solutions as well as engages and collaborates with other teams (analysts and internal operations) to understand needs and architect solutions.
- Lead software development initiatives and write code.
- Maintain existing code.
- Mentor and train other developers on design techniques and coding standards.
- Review code to ensure adherence to best practices.
- Learn to understand C+R Research’s business and how technology interfaces with business objectives.
- Closely work with other teams to discover needs and recommend solutions.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with technical expertise.
- Keep current on new developments and techniques in development technology.
- Share knowledge and experience with C+R staff.
- Special projects as required.
- Regular attendance.
- 5+ years of experience in object-oriented systems design and development using C#.
- 2+ years of experience of leading software development.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in developing complex services or Web applications using C# and MS SQL.
- Experience designing Web UIs using ReactJS or Angular
- Experience with one or more of the following: Amazon AWS or MS Azure, Containerization, NoSQL databases, Machine Learning and Computer Vision.
- Ability to discuss technology with co-workers who aren’t technically savvy.
- Ability to work productively with co-workers even in stressful situations.
- Solid project and time management skills.
- Enthusiastic, engaged, and positive attitude. Significant, hands-on experience using Microsoft Office products.
Casual office environment.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements or history to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line.
No 3rd party applications will be considered.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship or OPT.
C+R Research provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, C+R Research complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
C+R Research expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.