Are you looking for a new role where you can leverage your deep experience and passion for Shopper Insights in innovative ways? Are you interested in working at a highly respected industry leader with steady year-over-year growth, an entrepreneurial spirit and voted one of the Best Places to Work in Chicago? If so, we’d love to talk!
The Vice President of Shopper Insights reports directly to the President of C+R and has overall responsibility for our Shopper Insights practice area. This includes continuing to evolve and expand our research and consulting solutions to keep pace with the ever-changing Shopper landscape. In this role you will work in collaboration with other established research teams to develop and maintain client relationships, design strategic research approaches, lend expertise and additional insight to research findings across both qualitative and quantitative projects and create new shopper insights tools, resources, and capabilities that will elevate C+R’s overall shopper insights business.
- “Thought Leader” for C+R’s shopper insights practice by establishing a strategic plan and a variety of research solutions that will serve the needs of shopper insights clients in CPG and other verticals across all channels including eCommerce and non-grocery.
- Author proposals in response to client RFPs and consult on research design and appropriate research methodologies.
- Consult on primary research projects, both qualitative and quantitative, in support of the shopper insights practice area. Provide input into studies’ conclusions and recommendations, ensuring they address clients’ business issues.
- Consultation on continuing development and use of C+R’s proprietary Illuminator™ Shopper Panel offering.
- Leverage data from third-party panel / connected data sources and integrate this data with C+R’s custom offerings to develop insightful, effective, and impactful stories.
- Internally disseminate shopper insights knowledge and train existing analyst teams on shopper insights methods and “best practices”.
- Be the public “face” of C+R’s shopper insights practice and a sought-after expert in the field, including developing and delivering compelling presentations at industry conferences, webcasts and/or on-site at C+R’s clients.
- Develop and direct marketing efforts with the Marketing team to support the Shopper Insights practice, including authoring or editing press releases and other forms of publicity, such as webcasts/Podcasts and or an online blog.
- Work to expand C+R’s client base for shopper insights services through capabilities presentations, marketing efforts, and delivering outstanding research results on client projects.
- Cross-sell and work in conjunction with other C+R analysts to bring custom research solutions to clients, when appropriate.
- Build strong client relationships through effective communications and a focus on quality research, as well as leveraging prospect/client network.
- 15+ years of relevant research, planning, and/or marketing experience.
- At least 5+ years experience or hands-on exposure to shopper or retail-focused custom research including in-store research techniques, shopper journey, path to purchase, packaging, point-of-purchase and shelf-related research, and purchase decision making studies.
- A versatile research skill-set that includes the ability to design both qualitative and quantitative research projects.
- Hands-on experience using, analyzing or interpreting retail household panel data from sources such as Nielsen, IRI, Numerator, SPINS, NPD, Rakuten, and/or similar. Exposure and familiarity with POS data.
- Ability to add Shopper Insights perspective to research reports.
- Understanding of/Engagement in qualitative (including observational research, face-to-face interviews, communities, etc.) and hybrid methods well enough to incorporate into project designs and results to create holistic shopper insights and recommended actions.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- A passion for shopper insights and desire to be known professionally as a shopper insights expert.
- Prior front-line client service experience; able to interface directly and persuasively with senior-level client-side marketing, sales, category management, and research executives.
- Ability to provide clients with strategic consulting on shopper-related issues based on knowledge of client’s business sector, consumer/shopper/retail trends, and research observations.
- Excellent project and people management and development skills.
- Significant, hands-on experience using Microsoft Office products.
- Must be a resourceful self-starter with an inquisitive mind and a passion for consumer and shopper research.
- Outgoing, positive, team-oriented work style. Experience working collaboratively across different teams and styles
- Enthusiastic, engaged, and positive attitude.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements or history to email@example.com and include “VP Shopper Insights” in the subject line.
No 3rd party applications will be considered.
C+R Research provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, C+R Research complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
C+R Research expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.