Quirk's Event - Brooklyn- | 8:00 a.m. | Brooklyn, NY | Booth #14
Olive Garden teamed up with C+R Research’s YouthBeat® analytics group to understand what is driving special occasion dining options for today’s teens. Utilizing their language (social media, photos, videos, and imagery) and trending YouthBeat® data from when Millennials were teens, Olive Garden sought out to understand what drives their restaurant selections. They were also able to understand how these young consumers are different – and similar – and to formulate strategies for how to best serve them.
We’ll explore our multi-method design, consisting of:
- YouthBeat® syndicated data foundation;
- custom online qualitative discussion board;
- custom special occasion dining survey; and
- topics exploring Olive Garden’s role in teen casual dining habits.
From attending this session, you will be able to:
- Identify cultural shifts that drive youth purchase behavior today in a different way from a generation ago;
- know what content pitfalls to avoid, to prevent turning off young people; and
- take hints from brands that are doing it right with young people today
Qual360 North America- | 8:00 a.m. | Washington, DC | Booth #TBD
- Hear how the output of research innovation work has been responsible for 90% of TH Foods’ growth
- Understanding the path to innovation and how to overcome internal anxiety about a new process
- Learning how to add rigor to a process as its being developed
- Identifying how to leverage design thinking principles
- Understanding how to tap into outside sources for inspiration
Quirk's Event - Chicago- | 8:00 a.m. | Chicago, IL | Booth #600
The National Pork Board unites pork producers with key food-chain partners to grow domestic and international consumer demand. This is accomplished through research, promotion and education that focuses on pork’s nutrition, quality and sustainability. In 2018, the Pork Board conducted a large-scale domestic research study to better understand consumer perceptions and needs related to pork and other proteins.
In this session, you’ll learn how the Pork Board, in partnership with C+R, leveraged multiple sources of consumer data – Numerator InfoScoutTM receipt data, 10,000+ custom surveys, and Experian Mosaic – to provide accurate and comprehensive household-level insights about purchasing, usage and attitudes. See examples of how the study combines a behavioral segmentation based on grocery receipts with occasion and attitudinal segmentation derived from consumer surveys. Beyond learning about the novel research methodology, you’ll hear how the Pork Board is using the data to develop communication strategies to serve the needs of its various industry partners and drive innovation through thought leadership.