Consumer Connections Series – The COVID-19 Chronicles
Moderated By Casey Sloan, Vice President, Qualitative Research
Watch our 2-minute video recap or listen to our podcast!
For our sixth panel in our Consumer Connections series, we spoke with consumers six weeks later to see what, if anything, has changed for them during the pandemic.
In this moderated conversation, you’ll learn:
- How are consumers feeling six weeks into the pandemic? What’s stressing them out the most? What are the bright spots they’re seeing?
- What have brands/companies been doing that they appreciate and why? What has been a turn-off for them?
- What changes have occurred in their cooking and eating behaviors and how does that make them feel.
- And, you’ll be able to get answers to YOUR burning questions.
Learn how your company/brand can support consumers during this constantly evolving time. Take some time, and emerge smarter.
Also, learn five key takeaways from our panel in our blog and Infographic!
Curious to hear more? We hosted Six consumer panels in our Consumer Connections: The COVID-19 Chronicles series.
- Panel 1 - Consumer Connections (Part 1 of 2)
- Panel 2 - Consumer Connections (Part 2 of 2)
- Panel 3 - Digging Deeper Into Grocery Shopping
- Panel 4 - The Multicultural Consumer
- Panel 5 - The Impact on the Family
- Panel 6 - Event was on Thursday, April 30 – Understanding Where We Are Six Weeks Later (see information above)
Click here for the Resource page for Part 2 of our Consumer Connections Series.
- Panel 7 - Summer Vacation + Travel
- Panel 8 - (RECORDING AVAILABLE SOON): Amplifying the Voice of the Black Consumer – Part 2
- Panel 9 - (RECORDING AVAILABLE SOON): Reconnecting with Hispanic Consumers to Amplify Their Voices
- Panel 10 - September 30: Back to School