Amy Henry, Vice President of Youth Insights, will be speaking on March 27th at the Kid, Youth and Parent Power Conference at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort in Orlando.
In her session “Almost Famous: What Growing Up in a Performance Culture Means for Today’s Youth,” Amy will discuss what performance culture really means to today's youth and what you as marketers need to know to get kids, tweens and teens to be fans of your own brand, offerings or organizations. Based on findings from C+R Research’s YouthBeat study, an on-going quantitative study of kids’, tweens’, teens, and parents’ attitudes and behaviors, this presentation will provide information on how everything from the technology they use and the TV they watch, to the music they create both reflect and fuel today’s youth’s perspective on performance.
From this presentation, you will learn:
- The reality and rules for being a celebrity brand
- How social media reflects kids’, tweens’ and teens’ dreams of stardom
- The family dynamics of celebrity/performance culture
- The implications of this cohorts’ comfort with acting as “critics”
- How performance culture relates to a desire to create (versus consume) content
To register for the conference and receive 20% off your registration, call 1-800-882-8684 or email Taryn Soltysiak and provide our discount code KP12_SPKPASS.